The mission of our school is based on our motto, Learning and Growing Together.
Our students will be:
Literate and Numerate – high
performing multi-literate and numerate individuals who interact with their
world confidently and appropriately.
Active – confident, healthy and
physically active individuals who take risks with their learning and
responsibility for their actions as a global citizen.
persistent, creative, critical thinkers who show initiative, set realistic
goals for personal achievement and fully participate in the learning journey.
Transformative – independent,
efficient life-long learners who access and generate knowledge; transforming it
into new learning and applications.
As members of Park Lake State School we are
committed to the Values for Australian Schooling:
v Care and Compassion:
v Doing Your Best;
v Fair Go;
v Honesty and
v Understanding, Tolerance
We support these values and beliefs by developing in our students
the following traits and skills:
- care for and be compassionate
towards self and others;
- confidence in their own ability and to ‘have a go’;
- treat all people fairly;
- act morally and ethically in all
aspects of their development;
- willingness to be involved in all aspects of their own
learning and school activities;
- ownership of personal choices and
- a desire to share information,
skills, knowledge, personal successes and the successes of others;
- respect the views of others and
treat them with consideration;
- provide quality in all they produce
and to expect quality experiences;
- be aware of others, accept diversity
and be included and inclusive;
- trust in their peers, teachers and